Chocolate Chip “Crunchie” Cookies - ©2013 Steve Backman
- ½ cup - brown sugar
- ¾ cup - white sugar
- ½ cup - butter (somewhat softened)
- 1 - large egg, beaten
- 2 tbsp - heavy cream
- 1½ cups - all purpose flour
- A dash of salt
- ½ cup - chocolate chips
- a large piece of sponge toffee
Preheat oven at 350°F. Lightly grease and flour 2 cookie sheets.
- In a big mixing bowl, mix butter with both sugars until light and smooth. Add the egg and beat for one more minute, then also beat in the heavy cream.
- Crunch up the sponge toffee into pea sized pieces (saving all the small crumbs and dust for later) and add them to the batter along with the chocolate chips, flour and salt, mix.
- Drop spoonfuls onto pan in desired cookie size, flatten them slightly, and sprinkle the cookies with the dust and small crumbs of sponge toffee.
- Bake 8 minutes or until just golden brown on edges, let cool on a wire rack.